Advantages of an all year season ticket: All the good points at a glance
No more digging in your pockets for change on the bus or at the ticket machine! The all year season ticket is delivered to you by post and the monthly fare is paid by direct debit from your bank account.
With an all year season ticket, you save nearly 20% compared with a monthly season ticket.
Don’t be afraid to commit yourself:
- You can cancel your all year season ticket as per the end of any month.
- If you wish to cancel your all year season ticket as per the expiry of the validity, just send a letter to that effect or email or fax the HVV subscription season ticket customer care department (HVV-Abonnentenbetreuung) at the latest by the 5th of the month in which it expires.
If you cancel it within the first 12 months, you only have to pay the difference between a monthly and a all year season ticket for the months you have used it. This means that although you do not save anything, you also don’t have to pay anything on top.
Depending on the routes and times you travel most often, you can choose the type of season ticket and validity which best suits your needs. If the variant you have chosen no longer suits your needs, you can change your all year season ticket starting from the next month. We will take care of making the changes – fast, without hassle and free of charge.
Mobile all across the HVV at the weekend
On weekends and public holidays you can use the general subscription season ticket in fare rings A-H (entire network) – irrespective of the area it is normally valid for. You can then take 1 adult and 3 children aged 6 - 14 along with you free of charge. That also applies on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
The take-along bonus
As an all-year season ticket holder you can benefit from our take-along bonus from 01.09.2020 till 31.12.2020 inclusive Mo - Fri starting at 11 am, Sat, Sun and public holidays all day:
- Within the existing area of validity of your ticket, you can take along 1 other person and up to 3 children aged 6–14 at no extra charge Mo - Fri starting at 11 am, Sat, Sun and public holidays all day
- Supplementary tickets on top of the season ticket and upgrade tickets for Sprinter bus/regional trains RB/RE are then valid for all those you take along under this ruling
- All-year 24/7 season tickets are valid as before Sat, Sun and public holidays on the entire network (fare rings A-H) – irrespective of the area of validity of your ticket – and allow you to take 1 other person + 3 children with you.
- As always, children under 6 travel free of charge
Use a StadtRAD and drive a car at budget prices
There are 2,600 bicycles waiting for you at something like 220 bike hire stations in Hamburg. HVV all-year season ticket holders get a reduction of 20 % on the price per minute. And you get special rates at our car sharing partners too.
No reason to worry
There’s a ticket inspector asking to see your ticket and you have forgotten to take your subscription pass with you – annoying, but not a problem. All you need to do is to present your personal pass and sticker later at one of the designated HVV service centres and pay a handling charge of 3.50 €.
If you were confined to bed for longer than 21 days or have been on reconvalescence treatment ordered by a doctor and you present suitable proof of it to us, we will reimburse the fare money for the time you were unable to travel.